AREAS OF CONCENTRATION:
- Products Liability Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Environmental & Premises Litigation
- Guardianship & Civil Commitment Litigation
- General Commercial Litigation
- Trust and Estate Litigation
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
New Jersey and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Pennsylvania and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
New York and U.S. District Ccourt, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
1988-90: Law Clerk, John F. Gerry, Chief Judge, District Court of New Jersey. 1990-95: Associate, Dechert LLP, Philadelphia, PA. His practice has included:
- Defending hundreds of asbestos product liability claims;
Representing national liability insurers in environmental, product liability, premises liability, auto and breach of privacy claims for coverage;
- Defending numerous environmental and toxic tort actions;
- Defending residential heating oil services in spill cases;
- Defending a maritime crane manufacturer in bodily injury cases;
- Defending a national liability insurer in a London market arbitration through discovery and a six week trial in London;
- Defending a latex glove manufacturer as chief trial counsel in medical device products liability actions filed in federal and state courts nationwide;
- Representing the trustee of one of the largest charitable trusts in the United States in several separate accountings; and
- Representing hospitals in contested guardianship proceedings.
- Successfully argued the scope of the worker’s compensation defense in the New Jersey Supreme Court. Kotsovska v. Liebman, 221 N.J. 568 (2015).
Successfully argued that “expected or intended” exclusion bars coverage for workplace tort claim. Johnson v. Plasser Corp., 2014 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 372 (App. Div. 2014).
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1988
M.A., Lehigh University, 1985
B.A., LaSalle College, 1983
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Referee, Burlington County Youth Swimming Championships, 2008-present.
- Indemnity; Additional Insureds, and Other Insurance In New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York.